a picture project

Previous Blog

My daily practice of photography.

Before & After

What a difference different software makes! The tomatoes on the left were edited first in Lightroom and then brought into On1 Software where I added a texture for the background and added a darker contrast and a bit of sharpening. I also added a sunshine filter to the tomatoes on the right. In case you're interested, my settings were ISO 160, 24-70mm @50mm, f/4, 1/10 sec. I had a speed light set to camera right with this soft box set to 1/2 power (I think. I'm terrible at remembering my flash settings). I had two white pieces of foam core camera left for the flash to bounce off of to help fill in the shadows, even though I wound up emphasizing them in the final photo.

I've always liked those photos that have a lot of texture in the background, but I simply don't have the patience to learn Photoshop. Well, I do know how to use the spot removal and patch tools, but the masking and layering and unsharpening . . . may as well be talking Greek to me with all those terms. But On1 Software seems fairly simple to use and I get the results I like. 

It's fun having a new toy to play with. 

All day today I kept thinking it was Friday, but at least it's Hump Day, so we're almost to the weekend. Hope you all are having a good week and are keeping the days straighter than me!

 
 
 
Katie1 Comment